Roto-Rooter Atlanta Gives Homeowners Peace of Mind
The trusted professionals at Roto-Rooter Atlanta know that owning or managing property can prove rather stressful. From keeping a home or business clean to making sure that all components are running efficiently, upkeep is typically a time-consuming process. Although many of the pipes associated with a home’s plumbing system are located behind walls and beneath floorboards, these components are some of the most important when it comes to a fully-functional building.
Roto-Rooter Atlanta plumbing technicians know that not every homeowner or resident is an expert when it comes to fixing, maintaining and observing plumbing and drain fixtures. For that reason, they are committed to providing customers with a sense of relief, as they are able to take on a wide array of household and business plumbing problems, both severe and minor in nature.
Plumbers can do much more than unclog toilets and repair sinks; here is a list of some of the services this company can provide to ensure that one’s home retains a steady flow.
- Toilet Care
Toilets are considered by many as the main center of all things plumbing. Whether or not this is true, Roto-Rooter Atlanta plumbers know how to make toilets run their best.
- Clogs – It is advisable for all families to learn that toilets are only meant to process human waste, liquids and toilet paper. Other items like cotton balls, sanitary pads or paper towels can cause toilets to clog up. Fortunately, many people can resolve minor problems on their own with a toilet snake or plunger. For more serious problems, a plumbing technician can take care of most any clogged toilet.
- Leaks – Many people may not know that their toilet is causing their water bill to skyrocket. Although some people can detect a leaky toilet by vibrating noises or constantly running water, these leaks can often prove stealthy. This company suggests placing red food coloring in the toilet tank, waiting a few minutes and seeing if the red color ended up in the toilet bowl; if it did, there is most likely a leak concerning a flapper or fill valve in the toilet tank. Plumbing professionals can repair and replace these valves. They are also able to fix wax ring gaskets that may cause moldy leaks near the base of the toilet.
- Replacement and Retrofitting – Toilets have existed throughout history—even the modern flush toilet dates back to the 19th century. Families in older homes may have toilets manufactured before 1994, meaning that they are not efficient. New high-efficiency low-flow toilets that use only 1.6 gallons or less per flush are installable through this company, and help families save water and money. If a household is not ready to give up their cherished toilet quite yet, there are retrofitting options available, including installation of a dual-flush device.
- Water Heaters
In order for residents to enjoy hot water, their water heater device must function properly. Heating up water may seem like an easy task, but these appliances do a lot of work that can lead to typical wear and tear. While preventative maintenance is encouraged to extend the life of a traditional water heater, Roto-Rooter Atlanta can help with:
- Safety – Hot water is great for bathing and cleaning, but when it is too hot, one can get scalded. This is especially a risk for younger children who are more susceptible to hot water damage. It is a good idea to have a plumbing technician check the thermostat setting of a water heater to make sure it does not exceed 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Replacement – some water heaters are reported to last up to 20 years. However, this is usually not the case, as water hardness and continual use cause constant pressure on the device. Since conventional water heaters actually only last an average of 11 years, it is important to have them inspected every two years and replaced if necessary. New tankless water heaters can last 15 to 20 years.
- Efficiency – If it is time to replace a water heater, families may want to consider the benefit of installing a tankless “on-demand” water heater. Unlike conventional water heaters, these appliances require no storage tank that constantly heats water, which helps families save money on monthly bills.
Roto-Rooter Atlanta Provides Kitchen Assistance
In every kitchen, water is the life force behind all the meal preparation families go through each day. In order to help residents make sure that their kitchen appliances and water lines are working correctly, Roto-Rooter Atlanta can assist with:
- Garbage Disposal Units
Garbage disposal units may help kitchen-friendly cooks get rid of unwanted food waste, but it is important to remember not to overstuff these devices. If disposals become clogged and malodorous, individuals can run water, ice and a peeled lemon cut into bits for a few moments to see if the problem is resolved. Sometimes, however, professional assistance is required to get these devices up and running. This plumbing and drain services company can help with garbage disposal problems; in fact, the day after Thanksgiving is usually the company’s busiest day of the year due to overuse of garbage disposals and other plumbing strains.
- Sinks, Faucets and Drains
Faucets and pipes in the sink can break all the time, and in these emergencies it is important to act quickly and call a professional. However, if a person takes time to learn their sink’s plumbing system they can learn where the faucet shut-off valve is, so that they can prevent water damage in case of such an issue. From sink clogs to entire or partial repair and replacement, this trusted plumbing and drain company can provide the services needed to keep kitchen sinks at their best.
Dishwasher and Refrigerators Too!
Roto-Rooter Atlanta knows that the sink is not the only plumbing component of the kitchen, which is why it offers services for the whole space. For instance, Roto-Rooter Atlanta can install dishwashers and clean out their drain lines. While refrigerators are not plumbing appliances by design, most deliver ice cubes and fresh water; Roto-Rooter Atlanta plumbing technicians can make sure that a refrigerator’s water supply line is trouble free so families can continue to drink their water healthily.
Awesome design, congrats on the new site!!